Tuesday, May 19, 2020

This Long Weekend

Brought Some Rays of Sunshine, Life, Musings

and a Yearning For Some Fun 😎

May 18, 2020

Wow! Who could help going out this long weekend? It was beautiful out there! The sun was shining, plants were coming out of their winter hibernation and it was starting to look a lot more like spring with green grass & leaves everywhere! Just gorgeous! It was so dismal and boring looking at these walls all the time, that it was nice just to get outside. To see neighbours across the fence and say hi, to give the dogs a bit of exercise, to see people out and about and enjoying themselves on their bikes, skateboards, rollerblades, pushing the stroller, or walking the dog/s. I didn't realize so many people lived in our area, until recently. πŸƒ

We got some more plants for our garden, besides the ones I mentionned on the blog the other day. This time I got some spinach, peppers, brussels sprouts and kale I believe. Plus I picked up some seeds for eggplant - they're supposed to mature in 88 days - which is less than 3 months. So they should be ready to be harvested near the end of August if I plant them now. The ones I bought as seedlings last year at a nursery weren't even half decent sized by the time we had our heavy frost last year, so they were still tiny. Apparently the seeds are supposed to produce big eggplants that can be harvested in less than 3 months after planting. So we shall see.  πŸ†

It looks like I'll be planting at least one full garden if not both this year, starting tomorrow and ending whenever I finish. But as I'm super susceptible to heat, and as we have only 2 seasons (winter & hell)  here with a couple of days of mild temperatures inbetween, I don't have much time for planting or doing much of anything without being severely affected by the heat. So it'll get done, when it gets done. 🌿

Normally this long weekend in May we'd be buying our plants to plant and if I didn't decide to plant them right away, we'd be going out to do things, like sight seeing, visiting friends or family, having BBQs, or looking for something fun to do, like going out to see a movie, or if there was a midway around, spending a couple hours and dollars there having fun (well it was mostly me having fun, because my husband's "too tough & cool" for that).  πŸ˜† Hey, what can I say? I'm still a big kid at heart. It was more fun when the kids were around because we had them as the excuse to indulge in things like that and to accompany me on the rides.  This year though everything's closed up tighter than childproof medicine bottles.  🎒

So the only "fun" to be had is of our own making. So other than buying the plants and taking a little drive and picking up a take out meal, that's it, but it doesn't quite do it. So I think I'm going to try to indulge in more online fun. Won't you come along with me? πŸŽ₯ 🎢 πŸŽͺ 🎨

Hit the World's Best Beaches With These 360-Degree Virtual Experiences Who doesn't love beach vacations? Being from NS myself and a few minutes walk away from an oceanside beach, growing up, I was spoiled. I love everything about the beach oceanside, or not, even fresh water lake beaches are fine. I love the whole experience of watching the tide come in, swimming, watching the tide go out, combing the beach for seashells and digging for clams, building sand castles, getting buried in the sand up to my neck, or just lying still on a towel soaking in the sun's rays. Of course the tide, seashells and clam digging won't be a feature from fresh water lakes, but if there's sand, sand castles and being buried in the sand is still a possibility. Kids and teens generally like to also play badminton, volley ball and dodge ball on the beach as well. Then there's making a day of it, and bringing a picnic to have on the beach blanket as well. Going to the beach (any beach) has always been one of my favourite things to do as I love swimming and all the rest of it as well. 🏊

ORBIT - A Journey Around Earth in Real Time [ 4K Remastered ]  Now how about this out of this world tour!?! It's an orbit around the earth in an hour & a half's time. I would imagine this virtual tour was made aboard the space station by one of the astronauts. Who is to be thanked for providing such a unique experience. It's probably the closest and only chance us mere mortals will ever have to orbit the earth without paying mega bucks to go up there personally. Now this alone will probably make up for everything being closed up tighter than childproof medicine bottles. πŸš€

FLYING OVER NORWAY (4K UHD) 1HR Ambient Drone Film + Music by Nature Relaxation™ for Stress Relief  Music for stress relief included. Who doesn't need that these days? I chose this northern country to visit virtually because my ancestors from centuries ago are said to have been from there. So being the curious type I wanted to see why they'd leave there and head to other parts unknown (back then it was unknown to them for sure). ✈

FLYING OVER SCOTLAND (Highlands / Isle of Skye) 4K UHD Drone Film + Healing Music for Stress Relief You guessed it, if you guessed this was because my ancestors were from here, given that I'm from NS and my ancient ancestors were of Norse origins. Curiousity kills this cat and only satisfaction will bring it back. ✈

Who can resist such bright beautiful plumage  as found on these birds? 🐦

5K African Wildlife - Kruger National Park in South Africa - 1.5 HRS Now let's go on a visual African Safari, while relaxing watching the animals. 🐘

The Kingdom of Bhutan. Aerial 360 video in 4K A mini exotic vacation in Bhutan. 🌏

360 video, Greenland. Island of Icebergs. 4K aerial video This would be a nice place to visit on one of those devillishly hot days coming up. Too bad we can't actually feel the cold through this video, that would be so awesome if we could. Then I'd be playing it all summer long. ☃

Detian Falls, China & Vietnam border. Aerial 360 video in 5K Another mini excursion in virtual 360 to some pretty water falls bordering China & Vietnam ⛰

 360°, The Golden Ring of Russia Air-Balloon Festival. 4К aerial video  This is mostly for blog visitors more than for me. I went up in one of those balloons. Many Canadians will know it as the Re/Max balloon. Once was enough - more than enough actually for me. I couldn't wait to get back down on the ground, because I kept feeling like I was going to fall out of the basket, because that's what it is. A basket, with the sturdiness of an actual basket made out of reeds under your feet. There's no solidness there. Then to top it off, the basket isn't even waist high and I'm not exactly the tallest person out there. So I spent my entire time clinging for dear life to one of the ropes that attaches the basket to the balloon itself, hoping I didn't fall out, before we got back down on the ground. I have lots and lots of opportunities given to me (that I would never be able to afford if I had to pay for them myself) and that one was the scariest. I was too busy trying to remain in the basket to enjoy anything to do with it. So never again, for me. But there are those who love the whole experience, to them, I say whatever turns your crank. 🎈

 360°, Carnival of Venice, Italy. 4К video In this virtual video experience you get to glide through the canals on a gondola, on your way to the carnival. The gondola trip is rather relaxing to watch. 🎭

 360°, Eruption of Plosky Tolbachik Volcano, Kamchatka, Russia, 4K aerial video Have you ever wanted to take a helicopter trip over a live volcano? If you have but didn't want to risk your life doing it, you can safely experience what it must be like here. πŸŒ‹

If you like the Northern Lights you'll like this video. Though I think it would've been nicer filmed in real time, for a half hour or so. So those who've never seen the northern lights can see how they really shimmer and dance in the sky.  🌌

China, Colourful mountains of the Zhangye Danxia Geopark, 12K aerial 360 video Very pretty mountainous area that I never knew about before. ⛰

St. John Trunk Bay in VR on the Rocks  A very pretty little beach on the Virgin Islands. ⛱

South Africa - Safari in Kruger National Park in 360 VR  Take a ride through Kruger National Park and see the animals.

Greece - Scooter ride Rhodos in 360 VR Virtual 360 degree scooter ride along scenic coastline and through villages 🚴

Experience Athens 360 video- A walk around Acropolis If you've ever wanted to visit Athens Greece, you can pay a virtual visit via this interactive video. 🏦

Ship Cemetery in Truk Lagoon in 360 format, Micronesia. 8K underwater video  Those who like scuba diving might enjoy this interactive virtual video. 🚒

Animals of GalÑpagos archipelago, Ecuador. 360 video in 5K I love those giant galapagos turtles, that's why I wanted this 360 virtual video. 🐒

Sahara Desert, Algeria. Aerial 360 video in 5K It's just curiousity about the desert, navigation through it, living surrounded by it etc, that induced me to try this video. πŸͺ

Hong Kong. City of Skyscrapers. Aerial 360 video in 4K If you've ever wondered what it was like in Hong Kong, but were never able to go and see it for yourself, this will give you a glimpse into it. 🏒

Jurassic World The Ride Front Seat (4K POV) Universal Studios Hollywood This might substitute in some small way for the missed midways this year. 🐲


Simpsons Ride - Full Experience at Universal Studios Florida This is something we'd have a hard time dragging our daughter away from, for sure.  πŸ’¬

Studio Tour, Universal Studios Hollywood Instead of a midway, how about a tour of a movie studio lot? 🎬

VR180 Virtual Dive Great Barrier Reef | Underwater 5.7K for Oculus Quest Another virtual tour for divers - this time off the Great Barrier Reef in Australia. 🏊

Wild Dolphins VR / 360° Video Experience Maybe like an old friend of mine, you've always wanted to swim with dolphins. If so, this might give you somewhat of an idea of what that might be like. 🐬

Meditation VR - Temples of Angkor Wat in Cambodia (6K 360 VR Video)  Of course you can always meditate with this virtual tour, or you can virtually visit the Angkor Wat temples.  πŸ™

Cancun and Maya Temples in Mexico Guided Tour (360 VR Video) A scenic tour of Cancun and a visit to Mayan Temples in the area. πŸ—Ώ

Discover Bangkok: A Guided City Tour (360 VR Video) Check out the beautiful temples while taking the tour.  πŸŒ‡




No comments:

Post a Comment