Friday, March 20, 2020

Biding My Time

March 20, 2020

Now that the weatherman said the spring equinox occurred yesterday, I've been sitting here contemplating my garden.  Looking at the weather forecasts for the next 2 weeks on The Weather Network's site, trying to figure out when I'll be able to start planting my veggies that don't mind cold weather and even a bit of frost. Considering what some farmers have been telling news stations in the area, that if the border bans are in place too much longer they may not be able to get their temporary farm help, which may cause the cost of vegetables to rise by as much as 50 - 100%. So if that's the case, we'll need all the vegetables we can grow ourselves. We're lucky that we have our own yard in which to grow some. Other seniors who may not be so lucky, may be able to acquire a community plot nearby where you live in order to defray the costs of food, if what the local farmers said proves to be.

In the meantime until it's nice enough to go out and start planting, I'm trying to find other things to occupy my time with and as I like making things, all sorts of things, I was thinking of maybe taking up a new craft and visited Pinterest's site, and got sucked in there for longer than I wish to admit, wandering around the site looking at all the great ideas and links and then I wandered over FaveCrafts site, and found some ideas of interest there as well. As I've always been an avid reader I've had this bookmark to  Project Gutenberg's site, and so paid a visit to them as well, browsing the new books in their library to see if there was anything new & interesting there to read to kill time.

If anyone else knows of any sites of interest to teach us something, like new skills, or hobbies, or just to help pass the time, please feel free to inform the rest of us in the comments section below.

No comments:

Post a Comment